We've partnered up with our faves at St Ewe Eggs to bring you this boozy tropical twist on the classic pancake.
With show-stopping colour courtesy of St Ewe Rich Yolk eggs, plus a generous glug of our Spiced Rum for an extra kick!
Flipping delicious - a boozy butterscotch sauce pairs perfectly with caramelised bananas - it's basically a warming hug in on a plate!
Banana & Rum Sauce
- 2 Glugs Twin Fin Spiced Golden Rum
- 2 Bananas - sliced thickly
- 75g Soft Brown Sugar
- 40g Salted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cornish Sea Salt
- 2 Scoops Cornish Vanilla Ice Cream
- 100g Plain Flour
- 2 St Ewe Rich Yolk Eggs
- 300ml Milk
- Pop the flour, St Ewe eggs and a little splash of milk in a big bowl and whisk together until you have a smooth batter. Gradually whisk in the remaining milk; you are looking to make a runny batter. Cover and set aside until ready to use. Ideally leave the batter in the fridge overnight, but they can be cooked straight away.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the pan is at the right temperature, add a small knob of butter and once bubbling add a ladle of batter. We recommend running a tester pancake first! Swirl the pan to coat the base, then leave the pancake to cook for 1 minute on each side, until lightly browned. Repeat until all the batter is used up, this should yield around 4 pancakes.
- Combine the butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a frying pan, then place over a low-medium heat for around a minute. Stir until the butter has melted into the sugar. When bubbling, add in the bananas. Cook slowly, giving the pan a little jiggle every now and then to stop it catching around 4-5 minutes, until the bananas are all caramelised and scrummy.
- Add the Twin-Fin Rum and shake the pan to mix in with the caramel. If you’re feeling fancy why not try flambéing! You can do this by carefully holding a long-lit match near the rum caramel to get the party started! Shake vigorously to coat the bananas and blow out the flame to avoid charring.
Pop your pancakes on 2 plates and top with the sticky bananas. Crown with the ice cream or cream and drizzle over the sauce
Best enjoyed... laid back, way back! 🌴